An Innovative Transient Post-Processing Approach for a Full Car Thermal Validation Study
Full car CFD simulation using STAR-CCM+ solutions. FieldView post-processing enables large scale transient cases to be productively analyzed. To be presented at the 2014 STAR Global Conference.
STAR-CCM+ and FieldView have been used, through an extract based post-processing workflow, to analyze a very large transient simulation case. This method not only allowed to monitor simulation results over time, such as the maximum temperature of thousands of car parts and their comparison with the critical temperature of each material. But also to investigate transient phenomena interactively, in order to gain better understanding. To our knowledge, this work is unprecedented in the automotive industry.
Intelligent Light is a proud of our partnership with CD-adapco and we look forward to participating in the 2014 STAR Global Conference. Yves-Marie Lefebvre, FieldView Product Chief will share leading edge techniques and capability developed from our work with CD-adapco and leaders in automotive engineering. See just how much CFD data can be efficiently created and utilized, compressing analysis cycles and delivering value from large-scale, unsteady STAR-CCM+ simulations.
- 2014 STAR Global Conference, March 17-19, 2014 in Vienna, Austria.
- The presentation is scheduled for Monday, March 17, 2014 – 14:50 to 15:15
The AIAA SciTech Conference is the most important technical conference of the year for many of our aerospace customers. The conference drew nearly 3,000 participants to share their work and seek answers to the challenges they face. Intelligent Light shared updates on FieldView 14 product, our work with VisIt as well as presentations from our research partners and staff.
A special customer dinner included a custom briefing and offered customers the opportunity to share ideas with us and with each other.
The AIAA SciTech Conference included a special panel discussion on January 14, 2014. Current Status and Future Trends of Integrated Computational Environments was Chaired by Greg Power of the Aerospace Testing Alliance.
5 panelists participated in the discussion:
- Kenneth Moreland,Computation, Computers, Information and Mathematics
- Center, Sandia National Laboratories
- Kenneth “Mark” Bryden, Program Director, Simulation, Modeling, and Decision Science, Ames Laboratory
- Andrew W. Cary, Technical Fellow – CFD, The Boeing Company
- David McDaniel, DoD CREATE/Kestrel Development Team, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Steve M. Legensky, General Manager and Founder, Intelligent Light
Intelligent Light’s presentations at SciTech:
Visit us at AIAA SciTech Meeting. January 14-16, 2014 in National Harbor, MD.
Intelligent Light will be at the event participating in the technical conference and the exhibition. Come see us at the exhibit hall entrance (booth 402) and explore how we can help you get more done with your CFD.
We will host several presentations in our booth:
- Size does matter !!! Fieldview XDB and In-Situ Workflows - Earl Duque, Intelligent Light, Manager Applied Research Group (Tuesday, Jan. 14, 9:35 am, Wednesday, Jan 15, 9:35 am)
- Engineered CFD Workflows for Effective HPC Performance - Yves-Marie Lefebvre, Intelligent Light (Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2:05 pm)
- Progress Report: FieldView & VisIt, In-situ, Open Source and more – Steve Legensky, Intelligent Light Founder and General Manager (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 12:35 pm)
- Wind Farm Simulations at Univ of Wyoming – Jay Sitaraman, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Wyoming (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:05 pm)
- Turbomachinery Research at Brigham Young University – Steven E. Gorrell, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:35 pm)
Wind Farm simulations using a Full Rotor Model for Wind Turbines
Intelligent Light’s Earl P. N. Duque collaborated with J. Sitaraman and D. Mavriplis (University of Wyoming). This is a part of the Wind Farm and Turbine-Wake Interaction II Session on Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 2:00pm.
Current Status and Future Trends of Integrated Computational Environments
Intelligent Light Founder and General Manager Steve Legensky will be a member on this panel session of the AIAA Meshing Visualization and Computational Environments (MVCE) Technical Committee. January 14, 2014, 2:30pm.
If you would like to meet with any of our staff, please come by the booth!