Visit us at AIAA SciTech Meeting. January 14-16, 2014 in National Harbor, MD.
Intelligent Light will be at the event participating in the technical conference and the exhibition. Come see us at the exhibit hall entrance (booth 402) and explore how we can help you get more done with your CFD.
We will host several presentations in our booth:
- Size does matter !!! Fieldview XDB and In-Situ Workflows - Earl Duque, Intelligent Light, Manager Applied Research Group (Tuesday, Jan. 14, 9:35 am, Wednesday, Jan 15, 9:35 am)
- Engineered CFD Workflows for Effective HPC Performance - Yves-Marie Lefebvre, Intelligent Light (Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2:05 pm)
- Progress Report: FieldView & VisIt, In-situ, Open Source and more – Steve Legensky, Intelligent Light Founder and General Manager (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 12:35 pm)
- Wind Farm Simulations at Univ of Wyoming – Jay Sitaraman, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Wyoming (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:05 pm)
- Turbomachinery Research at Brigham Young University – Steven E. Gorrell, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:35 pm)
Wind Farm simulations using a Full Rotor Model for Wind Turbines
Intelligent Light’s Earl P. N. Duque collaborated with J. Sitaraman and D. Mavriplis (University of Wyoming). This is a part of the Wind Farm and Turbine-Wake Interaction II Session on Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 2:00pm.
Current Status and Future Trends of Integrated Computational Environments
Intelligent Light Founder and General Manager Steve Legensky will be a member on this panel session of the AIAA Meshing Visualization and Computational Environments (MVCE) Technical Committee. January 14, 2014, 2:30pm.
If you would like to meet with any of our staff, please come by the booth!
On January 22, 2014, Intelligent Light and Cray delivered a new webinar showcasing real world workflows that eliminate post-processing bottlenecks with massive CFD data.
The archive for this webinar is now available here.
Intelligent Light has been selected to participate in the new HPC Impact Showcase at SC13. The HPC Impact Showcase brings real world applications of HPC that make a difference in shaping our world. The showcase presentations take place on the exhibit floor.
- Accelerating Innovation While Reducing Risk – High Impact HPC at a Formula One Team and a Racing Bike Wheels Manufacturer.
Steve M. Legensky (Intelligent Light)
Tuesday, Nov. 19, 1:00-1:40.
- The HPC Initiative at the Council on Competitiveness
Dr. Cynthia R. McIntyre, Dr. Walter L. Kirchner (The Council on Competitiveness)
Monday, Nov. 18, 7:30-8:00.
- HPC, A Journey You Must Take
Dr. Mohamad S. El-Zein (Deere & Company)
Tuesday, Nov. 19th, 12:20-1:00.
- HPC: Where the Rubber Meets the ‘Simulated’ Road
Chris Baker, Goodyear
Wednesday, Nov. 20th, 11:40-12:20.
- When “Big Iron” Isn’t Big Enough
Matthew H. Evans, Ph.D., Lockheed Martin Corporation
Thursday, Nov. 21st, 10:20-11:00.
Intelligent Light has been nominated for an IDC HPC Innovation Excellence Award for our work with high volumes of data in a production environment. A new whitepaper details the way FieldView data management is being used to develop high-throughput workflows that increase capacity and decrease uncertainty in CFD.
We’ve received three nominations for HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards to be announced at SC13.
- Best HPC visualization product or technology (FieldView)
- Best use of HPC application in manufacturing
- Best use of HPC in the cloud
SC13 HPC Impact Showcase Presentation
Accelerating Innovation While Reducing Risk – High Impact HPC at a Formula One Team and a Racing Bike Wheels Manufacturer
Date: Tuesday, November 19th
Time: 1:00-1:40PM, SC13 HPC Impact Showcase stage on the exhibit floor
Presenter: Steve M. Legensky, Intelligent Light
Abstract: For performance-oriented engineering organizations, high-performance computing (HPC) offers the promise of accelerating performance while reducing risk. The HPC-enabled success of two such organizations will be compared: one with large in-house HPC resources and dedicated computational fluid dynamics (CFD) engineering staff and the other a small engineering and manufacturing company producing consumer products. Common needs and different HPC strategies are discussed. These organizations depend on working with commercial software vendors to develop their capabilities and direct their investments to core skills and knowledge.
Red Bull Racing dominates Formula 1 racing with three consecutive Constructors and Drivers Championships, while Zipp Speed Weaponry has developed leading-edge products that resulted in a doubling of category revenue and 120 new manufacturing jobs for a market leader in a mature segment. The audience will see how different investment and HPC use models are producing extraordinary results and are illustrative of the path forward for innovators in many industries of any size. Through the use of HPC for CFD, these companies rapidly develop and deliver accurate, actionable information to engineers and managers through engineered CFD workflows. Each company has developed the ability to rapidly explore many ideas, put more mature designs into testing and production, and reduce the risks of exploring novel design approaches.
Among the speakers joining Mr. Legensky in The Showcase:
- Dr. Cynthia R. McIntyre, Dr. Walter L. Kirchner (The Council on Competitiveness)
- Dr. Mohamad S. El-Zein (Deere & Company)
- Chris Baker, Goodyear
- Matthew H. Evans, Ph.D., Lockheed Martin Corporation
Titles and schedule for additional talks — HPC Impact Showcase full program info
Intelligent Light Receives Nominations for Three HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards!
Intelligent Light has been nominated for awards in three categories of the HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards. Please vote in support of Intelligent Light’s efforts to enhance HPC-enabled CFD!
Survey question number, category, and candidate description
- Q1. Best use of HPC application in manufacturing – Zipp Speed Weaponry with Intelligent Light, Dell, Intel, and R-Systems using HPC-enabled CFD develop Firecrest® aerodynamic bicycle racing wheels
- Q8. Best use of HPC in the cloud – Intelligent Light with Cray XE6™ using cloud-based resources for CFD automation, data management and CFD studies – AIAA High Light Production Workshop.
- Q 13. Best HPC visualization product or technology - Intelligent Light, FieldView 14 – CFD Post-Processing for HPC
Vote Now at HPCwire.com
Voting concludes October 12th.