This edition of our newsletter announces the availability of the FieldView 14 release, a new large scale CFD whitepaper based on work done for the AIAA High Lift Workshop, and Intelligent Light’s recognition in the HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards.
In this issue:
HiLift Wing and plot.
FieldView 14 allows multiple interactive views of datasets.
View the Archive
Intelligent Light Receives Nominations for Three HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards!
Intelligent Light has been nominated for awards in three categories of the HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards. Please vote in support of Intelligent Light’s efforts to enhance HPC-enabled CFD!
Survey question number, category, and candidate description
- Q1. Best use of HPC application in manufacturing – Zipp Speed Weaponry with Intelligent Light, Dell, Intel, and R-Systems using HPC-enabled CFD develop Firecrest® aerodynamic bicycle racing wheels
- Q8. Best use of HPC in the cloud – Intelligent Light with Cray XE6™ using cloud-based resources for CFD automation, data management and CFD studies – AIAA High Light Production Workshop.
- Q 13. Best HPC visualization product or technology - Intelligent Light, FieldView 14 – CFD Post-Processing for HPC
Vote Now at HPCwire.com
Voting concludes October 12th.
Digital Manufacturing Report Managing Editor, Chelsea Long published an article on CFD Data Management as it relates to HPC adoption by small and medium sized manufacturers (SMMs). Read the article
You have to get past the risk reduction argument before you can start to sell based on ROI. The small-to-medium guys aren’t seduced by CFD and it’s great mystery or promise. If they can’t cost-effectively predict the behavior of new products with low uncertainty, they’re not interested.
Steve M. Legensky
Founder and General Manager, Inteligent Light
Smart CFD – FieldView 14 Will Address More Large Data and Parallel Computing Needs.
Intelligent Light’s Steve Legensky with
NASA Ames’ Tim Sandstrom stand in front of NASA’s Hyperwall. FieldView 13 is already helping NASA exploit HPC enabled CFD.
Smart CFD means addressing today’s challenges and preparing for tomorrow’s. Intelligent Light recognizes the pressing needs of the CFD community to manage ever-increasing amounts of data. We are developing FieldView product and support services to help our customers exploit these demanding trends and deliver accurate, thorough, and timely results to their organizations.
These trends include:
- Large files and remote computing requiring effective workflow design and data management.
- Enabling broader use of HPC resources.
- Driving toward a future where in-situ post-processing becomes an everyday tool freeing users from the burdens of huge volumes of CFD files.
The upcoming FieldView 14 release (available September, 2013) will build on the product’s long heritage of supporting HPC users and helping them work productively with their HPC systems both local and remote. FieldView 14 will deliver CFD post-processing benefits including:
- New, free and low-cost FieldView tools for working with and sharing XDB files
- The included high performance dataset reads enabled by FieldView Dataguide for all FieldView 14 users as part of the standard license. Dataguide eliminates the need to rewrite/reformat your files and automatically reports function, min/max, and location data on read in.
- “Parallel Power to the People” – As multi-core and parallel systems (SSI and clusters) are a standard part of today’s CFD computing workflow, all FieldView licenses will support the use of up to 8 cores per dataset in the standard license
- No cost upgrades to parallel for annual and supported licenses.
- Current parallel licenses will receive a no-cost upgrade.
- No increase in costs for support or renewal for existing users.