Intelligent Light Receives Nominations for Three HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards!
Intelligent Light has been nominated for awards in three categories of the HPCwire Readers’ Choice Awards. Please vote in support of Intelligent Light’s efforts to enhance HPC-enabled CFD!
Survey question number, category, and candidate description
- Q1. Best use of HPC application in manufacturing – Zipp Speed Weaponry with Intelligent Light, Dell, Intel, and R-Systems using HPC-enabled CFD develop Firecrest® aerodynamic bicycle racing wheels
- Q8. Best use of HPC in the cloud – Intelligent Light with Cray XE6™ using cloud-based resources for CFD automation, data management and CFD studies – AIAA High Light Production Workshop.
- Q 13. Best HPC visualization product or technology - Intelligent Light, FieldView 14 – CFD Post-Processing for HPC
Vote Now at HPCwire.com
Voting concludes October 12th.
Digital Manufacturing Report Managing Editor, Chelsea Long published an article on CFD Data Management as it relates to HPC adoption by small and medium sized manufacturers (SMMs). Read the article
You have to get past the risk reduction argument before you can start to sell based on ROI. The small-to-medium guys aren’t seduced by CFD and it’s great mystery or promise. If they can’t cost-effectively predict the behavior of new products with low uncertainty, they’re not interested.
Steve M. Legensky
Founder and General Manager, Inteligent Light
Smart CFD – FieldView 14 Will Address More Large Data and Parallel Computing Needs.
Intelligent Light’s Steve Legensky with
NASA Ames’ Tim Sandstrom stand in front of NASA’s Hyperwall. FieldView 13 is already helping NASA exploit HPC enabled CFD.
Smart CFD means addressing today’s challenges and preparing for tomorrow’s. Intelligent Light recognizes the pressing needs of the CFD community to manage ever-increasing amounts of data. We are developing FieldView product and support services to help our customers exploit these demanding trends and deliver accurate, thorough, and timely results to their organizations.
These trends include:
- Large files and remote computing requiring effective workflow design and data management.
- Enabling broader use of HPC resources.
- Driving toward a future where in-situ post-processing becomes an everyday tool freeing users from the burdens of huge volumes of CFD files.
The upcoming FieldView 14 release (available September, 2013) will build on the product’s long heritage of supporting HPC users and helping them work productively with their HPC systems both local and remote. FieldView 14 will deliver CFD post-processing benefits including:
- New, free and low-cost FieldView tools for working with and sharing XDB files
- The included high performance dataset reads enabled by FieldView Dataguide for all FieldView 14 users as part of the standard license. Dataguide eliminates the need to rewrite/reformat your files and automatically reports function, min/max, and location data on read in.
- “Parallel Power to the People” – As multi-core and parallel systems (SSI and clusters) are a standard part of today’s CFD computing workflow, all FieldView licenses will support the use of up to 8 cores per dataset in the standard license
- No cost upgrades to parallel for annual and supported licenses.
- Current parallel licenses will receive a no-cost upgrade.
- No increase in costs for support or renewal for existing users.
FieldView simulation data courtesy of Navistar and Corvid Technologies.
Click to view larger.
In this case study, quickly see how and why automotive industry OEMs, consultants, and race teams count on FieldView to help them address current industry challenges including:
- Meeting new, more stringent environmental regulations
- Getting actionable data fast – Too much data, too little time
- Keeping engineers focused on value-added engineering
Download and read the case study and see the keys to three organizations’ CFD success.
Dr. Earl P.N. Duque posts:
I’m happy to welcome the Concordia University SAE Supermileage Team as the newest participant to the Intelligent Light University Partners Program (UPP). As a UPP participant, receive a grant of several FieldView licenses to use in designing their vehicle. IL and the ARG is proud to help out these students in achieving their goals. See http://concordiasae.ca/supermilage/supermilage.html for more details.