Formula 1 is being transformed by major rule changes in 2014. Our friends at Infiniti Red Bull Racing have produced a beautiful and compelling video to explain the changes for fans of engineering and racing.
For the Infiniti Red Bull Formula 1 team, the new RB10 will carry the hopes of Infiniti Red Bull Racing as they take on the new season and all the new rule changes for 2014.
Four-time Formula 1 Champion Sebastian Vettel will pilot the RB10 as will his new teammate, Daniel Ricciardo. New driver Daniel Ricciardo has already proven he has the skills to compete alongside Vettel at the top of the sport. Take a ride with the drivers as they explain the major changes for the RB10.
- Summary of 2014 Rule Changes – From Formula1.com
- Awesome Video: Infiniti Red Bull F1 drivers Daniel Ricciardo and Sebastian Vettel explain the 2014 Formula One regulations (3:28)
2014 brings huge changes including:
- Increased fuel efficiency with new V6 hybrid engines (vs. last year’s V-8s) and first ever limits on fuel consumption. 35% fuel reduction per race.
- Enough electrical power from the hybrid Energy Recovery System (ERS) for 33 seconds per lap of electric power at 160 bhp use (vs. last year’s 6 seconds per lap at 80 bhp)
- Turbos are back using exhaust gasses to feed the ERS
- Narrower front wing and elimination of the lower beam wing in the rear