JEREZ DE LA FRONTERA, SPAIN – JANUARY 28: (L-R) Infiniti Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner, drivers Sebastian Vettel of Germany, Daniel Ricciardo of Australia and Infiniti Red Bull Racing Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey attend the launch of their new RB10 Formula One car at the Circuito de Jerez on January 28, 2014 in Jerez de la Frontera, Spain. (Photo by Mark Thompson/Getty Images)
The new RB10 will carry the hopes of Infiniti Red Bull Racing as they take on the new season and all the new rule changes for 2014. 4-time Formula 1 Champion Sebastian Vettel will pilot the RB10 as will his new teammate, Daniel Ricciardo.
First race is in Sydney, Australia on March 16!
Also check out Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s video about the new F1 rules for 2014.
The AIAA SciTech Conference is the most important technical conference of the year for many of our aerospace customers. The conference drew nearly 3,000 participants to share their work and seek answers to the challenges they face. Intelligent Light shared updates on FieldView 14 product, our work with VisIt as well as presentations from our research partners and staff.
A special customer dinner included a custom briefing and offered customers the opportunity to share ideas with us and with each other.
The AIAA SciTech Conference included a special panel discussion on January 14, 2014. Current Status and Future Trends of Integrated Computational Environments was Chaired by Greg Power of the Aerospace Testing Alliance.
5 panelists participated in the discussion:
- Kenneth Moreland,Computation, Computers, Information and Mathematics
- Center, Sandia National Laboratories
- Kenneth “Mark” Bryden, Program Director, Simulation, Modeling, and Decision Science, Ames Laboratory
- Andrew W. Cary, Technical Fellow – CFD, The Boeing Company
- David McDaniel, DoD CREATE/Kestrel Development Team, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Steve M. Legensky, General Manager and Founder, Intelligent Light
Intelligent Light’s presentations at SciTech:
Visit us at AIAA SciTech Meeting. January 14-16, 2014 in National Harbor, MD.
Intelligent Light will be at the event participating in the technical conference and the exhibition. Come see us at the exhibit hall entrance (booth 402) and explore how we can help you get more done with your CFD.
We will host several presentations in our booth:
- Size does matter !!! Fieldview XDB and In-Situ Workflows - Earl Duque, Intelligent Light, Manager Applied Research Group (Tuesday, Jan. 14, 9:35 am, Wednesday, Jan 15, 9:35 am)
- Engineered CFD Workflows for Effective HPC Performance - Yves-Marie Lefebvre, Intelligent Light (Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2:05 pm)
- Progress Report: FieldView & VisIt, In-situ, Open Source and more – Steve Legensky, Intelligent Light Founder and General Manager (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 12:35 pm)
- Wind Farm Simulations at Univ of Wyoming – Jay Sitaraman, Assistant Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Wyoming (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:05 pm)
- Turbomachinery Research at Brigham Young University – Steven E. Gorrell, Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Brigham Young University (Wednesday, Jan. 15, 1:35 pm)
Wind Farm simulations using a Full Rotor Model for Wind Turbines
Intelligent Light’s Earl P. N. Duque collaborated with J. Sitaraman and D. Mavriplis (University of Wyoming). This is a part of the Wind Farm and Turbine-Wake Interaction II Session on Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 2:00pm.
Current Status and Future Trends of Integrated Computational Environments
Intelligent Light Founder and General Manager Steve Legensky will be a member on this panel session of the AIAA Meshing Visualization and Computational Environments (MVCE) Technical Committee. January 14, 2014, 2:30pm.
If you would like to meet with any of our staff, please come by the booth!