Smart CFD – FieldView 14 Will Address More Large Data and Parallel Computing Needs.
Smart CFD means addressing today’s challenges and preparing for tomorrow’s. Intelligent Light recognizes the pressing needs of the CFD community to manage ever-increasing amounts of data. We are developing FieldView product and support services to help our customers exploit these demanding trends and deliver accurate, thorough, and timely results to their organizations.
These trends include:
- Large files and remote computing requiring effective workflow design and data management.
- Enabling broader use of HPC resources.
- Driving toward a future where in-situ post-processing becomes an everyday tool freeing users from the burdens of huge volumes of CFD files.
The upcoming FieldView 14 release (available September, 2013) will build on the product’s long heritage of supporting HPC users and helping them work productively with their HPC systems both local and remote. FieldView 14 will deliver CFD post-processing benefits including:
- New, free and low-cost FieldView tools for working with and sharing XDB files
- The included high performance dataset reads enabled by FieldView Dataguide for all FieldView 14 users as part of the standard license. Dataguide eliminates the need to rewrite/reformat your files and automatically reports function, min/max, and location data on read in.
- “Parallel Power to the People” – As multi-core and parallel systems (SSI and clusters) are a standard part of today’s CFD computing workflow, all FieldView licenses will support the use of up to 8 cores per dataset in the standard license
- No cost upgrades to parallel for annual and supported licenses.
- Current parallel licenses will receive a no-cost upgrade.
- No increase in costs for support or renewal for existing users.