Upgrade to the latest FieldView release and improve your post-processing capability, productivity, and impact. Special free upgrade for POLYFLOW and FIDAP users.
A special FieldView software update is available to POLYFLOW and FIDAP users. The update offers improved performance, bug fixes, and expand platform support over the original OEM version of FieldView once delivered with the solvers. Users are encouraged to contact us for the special release or to try the current release of FieldView.
ANSYS POLYFLOW is a leading CFD solver with strength in viscoelastic flows, polymer processing, glass forming, and large deformation process simulations. POLYFLOW is a powerful tool for Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) problems. ANSYS FIDAP has a loyal following in researching the physics of materials and biomedical, and nuclear industries.
POLYFLOW users have long used FieldView as the standard post-processor. The latest release of FieldView delivers dramatic capability and productivity benefits. There are two versions available for POLYFLOW users:
- FieldView is effective with data from all major commercial CFD codes, government and research codes and open-source CFD. Using FieldView enables you to gain advantage through “solver-independent” workflows and automation – learn one code for all of your CFD and FSI post-processing
- FieldView for POLYFLOW – Will read POLYFLOW and FIDAP data and provide most standard FieldView functionality.Based on FieldView Version 12, it is available to existing FieldView for POLYFLOW users as a no-cost upgrade to your current license.
Multi-physics simulations, such as Fluid-Structure Interaction present unique challenges for post-processing. Results may come from a single solver code, such as POLYFLOW or via coupling codes such as FLUENT and ANSYS. Intelligent Light works with Ansys and our other solver partners to ensure quality interfaces to their codes.
Many features of FieldView will be of direct benefit to FIDAP and POLYFLOW users:
- Easily manage and understand time-dependent effects, with the ability to generate side-by-side animations with a single mouse click
- Sweep cutting planes through models to display multiple variables simultaneously such as temperature and non-Newtonian viscosity
- Direct numerical comparison of datasets
- Mouse-driven, interactive Dynamic Clipping to easily cut away surfaces, revealing areas inside of datasets
- Native versions for Windows 64, Intel-based MAC, LINUX
- Automation with RESTARTS, SCRIPTING and FieldView FVX™
- Full, 3D unsteady export to our free FieldView Advanced Technology Viewer gives engineers a way to collaborate with members of their work groups.
Animations are frequently used to help understand the complexities of Fluid Structure Interactions. The creation of animations is straightforward and flexible in FieldView.
Through the use of the Merged Times feature of FieldView, the user may create a transient animation from multiple datasets with the click of a single button. The user can easily animate and create flipbooks simultaneously presenting both structural deformations and fluid flow features.
When interactively exploring datasets or creating presentation material, dataset sweeps can be created that span all the datasets in a FieldView session. Here again, a single button click will result in the creation of flipbook animations with multiple swept surfaces. It is that easy and the entire process can be automated for repeatability and consistency.